Saturday, November 12, 2011

Any Empire by Nate Powell





My Rating: 3 / 5 Stars



Received from: Top Shelf Productions
Received Via: NetGalley.com


The cover intrigued me. A kid holding a gun. Well, this book is definitely not for kids. I'm not very familiar with militarism unlike other people so I couldn't relate to some parts of this book. The plot is a bit confusing because of the flash forward scenes wherein the character's past experiences tried to merge with that of the present.

The illustrations are superb. The party scene kinda reminded me of Craig Thompson's illustrations. I just hoped that the characters doesn't look a like much or they should've have more distinct features so that I can easily identify them in the black and white output.

All in all, the story is quite confusing but still an interesting read. This is the first time I read a work by Nate Powell I would like to read some more.


check the book here http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11242668-any-empire

No comments:

Post a Comment