Friday, November 11, 2011

Hades by George O'Connor


My Rating: 4/5 Stars

Received from: First Second 
Publication date 1/31/12 
Received Via: NetGalley.com 

I love the idea of people making graphic novels for kids. Not only can it encourage kids to read but some of these books can even make kids remember facts easier especially when said facts are included in a story they enjoyed. 

I've read a lot of children's literature recently and I can see that this book is balanced. The facts and narrations are actually written where kids can understand them easily and all the more when someone is there to explain and elaborate for them. 

The illustrations are a little bit common for my taste but I like the way it compliments the narrative of the story especially on how it portrays emotions of the characters. 

The added fact, discussion and bibliography pages are a plus because they help its readers understand the book more. 

All in all, I enjoyed reading this book and I would love to read more graphic novels for kids. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment