Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Infinite Kung Fu by Kagan McLeod




Top Shelf Productions
Received Via: NetGalley.com 

My Rating: 4/5 Stars

I grew up watching "Once Upon A Time in China" starring Jet Li. I was so addicted to the movie that I even enrolled in Tae Kwon Do lessons couldn't find Kung Fu lessons in the Philippines. I love Kung Fu movies but I love Kung Fu novels more. After being introduced to "Return of the Condor Heroes" by Jin Yong, I tried to read whatever Kung Fu novel I get my hands on that is in English. I was such a Wuxia fan back then but it stopped after I couldn't find anymore Kung Fu novels that I could understand.

Reading Infinite Kung Fu reminded me why I love watching those movies and reading those books. This is more of an attempt in merging the modern and ancient world but focusing on the legends of the times. I think Kagan McLeod added some Zombies in the mix not only because it was such a famous theme right now but also it added more action and gore in the story. Whatever is the reason, it was a nice mix.

It was an epic story with more than 400 pages of sequential art and has an establish history and purpose that I just continued reading until its done. Some parts are a bit confusing, but you just have to read the narrative often and you're gonna be back on track.

All in all, it was a fun and long story. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment