Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Little Black Dress and Zoot Suits by Alison Marie Behnke


From: Twenty-First Century Books 
Received Via: NetGalley.com 


My Rating: 4 / 5 Stars
For me, reading a good book hooks you till you finish it whatever topic it maybe. That experience happened to me a few minutes ago while I was reading this book. I'm not that interested in Fashion but, I have a lot of fashion designer friends when I attended art school and sometimes we couldn't avoid the topic. Still, with all the talk and the jargons I was hearing I'm often left clueless on some parts of the conversation. Guess I have to read a book or something, maybe just google the terms I guess. 

Months passed, I bought a book on the history of fashion and never actually read it. Why? It's way in the bottom of my TBR (To be read) books because it's so huge and tick and despite how fast I could read my attention span sometimes is faster to lose. 

Enough about the long introduction but I just wanted to stress that I just needed a short, concise and straight to the point book about fashion and, this is just the book I needed to read to gain a bit more knowledge on the topic. 

This book was about American fashion from the 30's to the 50's and it was interesting to read because it explained through a few sentences and mentioned scenarios why the fashion of the time was like that. 

Who would've thought that Bikinis were actually promoted because of wartime rationing? Caught your attention? Me too. 

By the way, the book is just about 68 pages with a lot of pictures. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment