Monday, November 21, 2011

B.P.R.D. Being Human by Mignola, Arcudi, Davis, Corben, Allie, Moline, Owens, Stenbeck, and Stewart



From: Dark Horse Comics
Via: NetGalley.com


My rating: 4 / 5 stars

I've been following Mike Mignola's works ever since I read the first volume of Hellboy a few months ago. Since then, I've read quite a lot of his works that I could get my hands on but, I read the Hellboy series in order of their stories so this is actually the first time I read any B.P.R.D. book/ issue by Mignola.

Well, it was good that the first volume I read of the B.P.R.D. are origin stories of some of its key members. I love origin stories because they always keep me on the loop with the characters of the story. Anyways, the writing style is a trademark Mike Mignola, Easy to understand and fast paced. The illustrations also compliments the narrative quite perfectly.

The only thing I didn't like about this volume was the Abe Sapien part entitled "Casualties" it was so short and is quite out of place for me in the theme of the volume.

All in all, it's a must read for anyone who wants to get into reading Mignola's works.


No comments:

Post a Comment